- Mommy got food poisoning from her beloved Taco Bell on October 16th. I had just been to the doctor that morning and saw our little bean on an ultrasound since we couldn't find the heartbeat with the doppler, but was still worried that something might be wrong. After being up all night, I went to the ER Tuesday morning. They gave me some fluids and zofran for the nausea and gave me a prescription for Tylenol with codeine and told me to take Immodium. That put me out of commission for a couple days, but at least all was well with the baby.
- We went to 2 World Series games...well, Perry & Ella only went to 1 (game 3). Mommy and Daddy wanted to be able to focus on the game so we left them home with Grandma and Grandpa Rogan on Thursday for what ended up being game 4.
- We had our last swim class on October 28th. P&E have "graduated" to Shrimp II, but cannot take it until they are 18 months old. We may try to take a different class at the YMCA or just go up to the rec center for open swim times to "practice" in the meantime.
- P&E were monkeys for Halloween and went trick or treating at Grandma and Grandpa Bast's and Aunt Angela and Uncle Julio's.
- P&E celebrated their 1st birthday! We had a great birthday party here at the house and got lots of fun presents. Thank you to everyone for coming!
- Along with celebrating our first year, we caught our first colds. Not too bad to make it a whole year without getting sick, but these colds hit us hard. Perry's started out with a runny nose and rosy cheeks and then Ella developed a stuffy nose the very next day. Ella ran a small fever (100.4) and also got a pretty nasty cough. After a week of over-the-counter antibiotics, we seem to be recovering. We're hoping that this will help to build some immunity from germs for the winter instead of being a sign of things to come.
We are looking forward to our "first" Thanksgiving dinners with family this year. Last year, P&E were just being released from the NICU on November 18th and weren't allowed to attend the holiday festivities. Speaking of the NICU, I honestly cannot believe how far the girls have come in this last year. Looking back at pictures of how tiny they were, with tubes in their noses to help them eat, simply amazes me. Now they are crawling, cruising, holding their own bottles, playing with each other and the dog...it seems there is nothing they can't do. It's been a wonderful year having Perry & Ella in our lives and we are looking forward to all the new experiences we get to have with them (and baby #3!).
Thanks for checking in on us through the website, visiting the girls, and all of your support!